The Aviation Heritage Museum is currently putting the call out to the Perth Community to support our museum.
If you want to be part of a fun team of volunteers constantly looking for ways to surprise and delight our visitors through unique museum experiences, then our team is for you.
It is thanks to our volunteers that we can keep the doors of our museum open, they are a valued group of people who work hard every day to ensure that our aviation history is preserved and shared with future generations.
We’re not just for people with a background in aviation, we have lots of roles available which utilise a wide range of skills.
We are currently seeking the below volunteer roles but if you have an interest in any other role please apply at any time, we are always happy to see our volunteer team grow. Find the full list of volunteer roles here.
Front of House (Retail) Volunteers Urgently Required
Shifts available all week with particular need on Fridays.
The role of the Front of House Volunteer is to welcome visitors to the museum, engage with them and help them have an enjoyable and memorable experience. It involves taking payment for tickets and merchandise sold in the retail shop whilst keeping the front of house presentable. Volunteers act as ambassadors for AHM by engaging with the public and providing high-quality service and experience to our visitors.
- Greet visitors and assist in communicating the options they have for their visit
- Respond to the needs of each visitor/group appropriately
- Take payment for tickets and merchandise sold in the gift shop
- Maintain a high level of friendly customer service
- Helping stock the gift shop and ensure it is presentable and tidy
- Skills in computer operation and cash handling (desirable)
Skills, Experience, and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with people from a range of age groups, backgrounds and demographics and the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated good verbal communication
- Demonstrated listening skills and the ability to gauge the needs and interests of visitors & respond accordingly
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work flexibly and cooperatively within a team and respond to guidance from AHM volunteer team leaders and staff
- Reliability and good timekeeping